Real Men, Real Role Players, Loonies, Psychopaths & Munchkins
Ninja & SuperSpies Edition
On Sun, Sep 27, 1998, Richard Dale wrote:
> although it is fun to have everyone make a munchkin
<FlashFire takes a deep breath in preperation to say something, but then looks like he rethinks it>
Naw, that's beneath even me...
Remember, players are munchkins, characters aren't. That being said...
- Real Men: Like the Martial Arts focus.
- Real Roleplayers: Wish the Superspies were more realistic, like a good Tom Clancy novel.
- Loonies: Love any game where you can pick a martial art called "Drunken Style."
- Alt Loonies - Not to mention, of course, Doggie Style. :) Not that that's
the actual name of the MA, but it's close enough for government work.
- Psychopaths: Wish the Superspies were more realistic, like on their favorite conspiricy website.
- Munchkins: Complain that they don't get to play Mac II, Rifts, or HU characters.
- Real Men: Vetern Grunt and Worldly Martial Artist
- Real Roleplayers: Gizmoteers
- Loonies: Wired Agent, but only because of its illustration.
- Psychopaths: Free Agent OCCs, as it gives them license to sell the group out.
- Munchkins: A dedicated Martial Artist who became one after being a Vetern Grunt who was originally trained to be a
Commando Mercenary even though he was really talented at being a Tinker Gizmoteer but couldn't become one
because he had been a Thief as a child and got kicked out of school.
Favorite Martial Art Form:
- Real Men: Juijutsu and Moo Gi Gong
- Real Roleplayers: Aikido and Tai Chi
- Loonies: Drunken Style and the Actor's Martial Art from Mystic China.
- Psychopaths: Tien-Hsueh Touch Mastery
- Munchkins: Anything Goes Martial Arts
- Real Men: Katana and M-16s/MP5s.
- Real Roleplayers: Shuriken and Wather PPKs
- Loonies: Rubber Chickens and paintball guns
- Psychopaths: Tantos, Kusari-Gamas, and whatever they take off their latest victim.
- Munchkins: 90mm Recoilless Rifles.
Favorite Cybernetic Device:
- Real Men: Hand replacements for when the grenades go off early.
- Real Roleplayers: Eye augmentation for spotting body temp changes in liars or Cyber-Disguises
so they can get past Checkpoint Charlie.
- Loonies: Melanin Release Device, Facial Silicon Layer, and Larynx Manipulator. So much more effective than buying white
makeup and making a funny voice to go with their black cloaks and scythes.
- Psychopaths: Anything sharp and retractable
- Munchkins: The Rifts Main Book, Triax, and Japan cybernetics lists.
Preferred Martial Art Power:
- Real Men: Dragon Chi
- Real Roleplayers: Calm Minds or Chi Healing
- Loonies: Vibrating Palm, just for the incredible number of jokes that could be spawned from that power...
- Psychopaths: If you need to ask, you don't know N&SS
- Munchkins: Have them all at fifteenth level. Thank you HU Revised...
- Real Men: CIA Operations or a small monestary in a secluded location
- Real Roleplayers: CIA Intelligence or Scotland Yard
- Loonies: Winchell's <sp?>. I mean, who doesn't want to charge into battle shouting out "Time to make the doughnuts!"?
- Psychopaths: NSA or KGB
- Munchkins: US Senate Oversight Committee, or any agnecy that has "Unlimited" in most of the categories.
- Real Men: Retaking embassies held by terrorists and fighting the destroyers of their monestaries.
- Real Roleplayers: Retaking embassies held by traitors and seeking out the the destroyers of their monestaries.
- Loonies: Anything that takes them to a place where they can use their foreign language phrase books to good effect.
- Psychopaths: Invading embassies held by traitors/terrorists so they can join up.
- Munchkins: Don't care, so long as something goes boom.
Favorite Cover Identity:
- Real Men: Mercenary/Weapons Dealer and Pilot.
- Real Roleplayers: Develop their own, complete with research on real identies and study materials for the cover job in question.
- Loonies: Translator, so they can use their foreign language phrase books to good effect.
- Psychopaths: Missionary
- Munchkins: Don't understand the need for cover.
- Real Men: Hunted
- Real Roleplayers: Don't understand the need for a random-roll background table, since they've already written
ten pages of background for their character before showing up for the session.
- Loonies: Formerly Insane, to make things easy.
- Psychopaths: Triple Agent, so they can shaft everybody.
- Munchkins: Don't understand the need for a random-roll background table, since they've already ripped off James Bond, or
any Jackie Chan movie.
Rule Most Used by the Character:
- Real Men: "Chicken Tactics," under Air and Space Combat Rules
- Real Roleplayers: "Effects of Alcohol and Drugs on Chi"
- Loonies: "Insanity Rules" (Gosh darn that Uncle Goober!)
- Psychopaths: "Explosive Construction Skill Program"
- Munchkins: "Autododge" and/or "Hard Chi" (See! I'm roleplaying! I'm using Chi!)
The arch-types go Christmas Shopping:
- Real Men : Buy ammo reloads for all of their friends cool weapons.
- Real Role-players: Buys their friends book and if they don't know how to read, teaches them.
- Loonies: Buys swimming lessons for the Vampires down the street.
- Psychopaths: Since it's the holidays decides to kill their friends quickly instead of slowly torturing them to death.
- Munchkins: To busy blowing things up to have friends.
Here are the contributers to this list and what they added.
- Blue Max added
- Alt Lonnies
- Rule Most Used by the Characters
- ShawnM011 added
- Arch-types go Christmas Shopping
Real_NSS.php -- Revised: January 27, 2021.