By: Ovid L Pinckert
- Getting impaled by vibro-blades hurts. (Says the nightbane)
- Urinating on a vampire hurts them just as much as water.
- Urinating on a vampire pisses them off more than water.
- Never underestimate the effectiveness of mini-missiles.
- If mini-missiles don't work, try silver.
- Never start anything you can't finish (preferably to component atoms.)
- If it looks big and powerful, it probably is.
- If it looks small and unassuming, it probably isn't.
- Always post a guard.
- Make sure your guards have some protection against possession.
- Rusty weapons are almost always magical.
- Shiny weapons are almost always cursed.
- The Xiticix have only one real strategy: the 85-to-1 kill ratio strategy.
- ...The Xiticix strategy is very effective.
- The only good faerie is a dead faerie.
- Faerie mounds are best left alone.
- Want to earn a lot of credits quickly? There are two things you need:
A Phase Beamer and a lone Glitter Boy...
- Want to earn a lot of credits quickly? Remember, the Splugorth will pay up to 4 million
credits for dragon hatchlings (you can always get new friends, and dragon hatchlings tend
to be very naive...)
- Vampire intelligences hate TW rain flares.
- Most vampire intelligences know the spell Anti-Magic Cloud.
- TW rain flares aren't the only TW weapons affected by Anti-Magic Cloud.
- Mounds of dirt are only effective cover against MD weapons once.
- You can't parry a vibro-blade with your arm... not even once!
- When you're in a strange clearing, and hear voices in your head that normally don't belong to you. Run!
- When bald headed old men smile evily at you their usualy a mind melter.
- Never expect a bar to keep standing after you walk in.
- A box with funny looking symbols on it means that its gaurded with death wards, and that
you shouldn't open it.
- Pissing on the statue of a god (especialy Aeris) is a BAD thing.
- ...Especialy in his own temple.
- Going one on one with an adult dragon is a bad thing for your health.
- The nice, old, bound up man isn't.
- Don't piss of the big dog-like looking thing thats eating a dead CS soldier.
- Lone Star is a great place to stay away from.
- Don't knock on the doors of Chi-town if you're a hatchling dragon.
- Always ask for payment in advance.
- Negotiating with an Evil-Overlord
is pointless except to stall for time.
- 300 to 1 odds, very bad odds.
- The mysterious party member dressed completely in black is probably a spy.
- Strange Glowing Swords that appear out of no-where are probably magical.
- Using Mechano-Link on a non-AI spaceship's computer can cause chaos.
- Co-operation is best kind of stalling.
- Activating explosives on the power-core of an enemy ship causes a huge explosion if the
ship is in the middle of a space-fold jump.
- Never use a B.F.G. on a spaceship when the B.F.G. is set on it's maximum settings.
- Evil-Overlord Rule #20, means
you have exactly a minute and 17 seconds less than you think you do.
- Always launch the escape shuttle as soon as it is prepped, and not four seconds before
the ship you are on is about to self-destruct.
- Malfunctions give great windows for escape, as long as their your enemies malufunction.
- ...Corrallary to #46: malfunctions make great distractions.
- Distance Teleportation is great for getting out of tight spots.
- ...Corrallary to #48: Last minute teleportations are great for giving the appearance of death.
- Huge cocoons are sign of trouble.
- Corrallary to #50: When huge cocoons hatch they cause even more trouble.
- Invid scouts go squish when hit by a ship going Mach 3.
- RDEFs(Random Dimensional Energy Fluxes) cause mayhem.
- ...Corrallary to #53: Mayhem caused by RDEFs are not always bad.
- Mutant Hamsters tend to be extremely hyper-active and like to get a lot of "Action".
- Never say "No" to the beautiful princess when she requests your presence for a date.
- Best resort in Space: Holly Wood Class Ship - Alpha Centuari
Lessons_Learned.php -- Revised: January 27, 2021.