By: The Kitsune
Created: October 15, 1998
- Advanced Artificial Heart: 60 years life. Specially designed so that in
high stress situations the heart will not fail. This gives the person +1
to PE and +5% against coma and death. Cost: 150,000 credits.
- Advanced Artificial Lungs: 60 year life. Specially designed to give the
person 150% of the normal duration of holding their breath. Cost: 120,000 credits.
- Artificial Skin: Skin is grown in special vats and is used to replace
skin. They can be in virtually any color. Most common is normal skin
colors but may be bright colors or may be mixed like a dalmatian spots
or other unusual styles. The texture is also variable and can be scales
like snakes and many other styles as well. The skin has sweat glands
grown into the skin as well. Cost: 2,000 credits per square foot (Unusual
hair types cost 25% extra).
- Artificial Muscle Replacement: There is a similar system also available
which boosts the Muscles with high strength Miomers. Muscle Replacement
replaces the muscles with vat grown muscles. As more replacements are
added, the muscles look heavier and heavier. Up to four levels of muscle
replacements may be fitted but with all four, the person would look like
a heavy body builder. This cannot be combined with Muscle Augmentation
but may be added to bio-system limbs as well.
Cost: 8,000 credits per level (Maximum of 4 levels).
- +2 to Physical Strength (PS) per level (Maximum of 24).
- +1 to Physical Endurance (PE) per level (Maximum of 20).
- +2 to Speed (Spd) per level (Maximum of 24).
- Artificial Hair: Like skin, the hair is grown in special vats and can be
grown in virtually any color. This can include natural colors, unusual
colors such as bright orange or green, or even mixed colors such as
leopard spots or tiger stripes. This can be used to augment lost hair,
replace hair, or even be used to cover the body in artificial hair.
Cost: 600 credits for small area such as eyebrows and 4,000 credits per
square foot for large areas (Unusual hair types cost 25% extra).
- Artificial Bone Replacement: Cost: 500 for smaller bone and 1,000 for
- Modified Pheromones: Many of the bodies pheromones have been replaced by
special ones. The result is that a person will appear more attractive to
many people and their mental affinity. These pheremones have full effect
on the persons race, have half effect on similar races (human pheromones
would have half effect on elves for example). Level One gives +2 to
Physical Beauty and Mental Infinity. Level Two gives +2 to Physical
Beauty and Mental Infinity. Cost: 15,000 credits for level one and
30,000 for level two.
- Plastic Surgery: Surgeons on Rifts Earth have developed plastic surgery to
a fine art. As a result, the field has developed into a field that many call body
- Facial Reconstruction: Many things are possible. Cheekbones may be
modified, chins may be modified, and Eyebrow positions may be changed,
features may be smoothed, and many other options can be done as well.
Many people prefer to keep their facial features recognizable and just
modify them. Physical beauty may be increases or decreased as well.
Physical beauty may be increase by up to 8 points but with a maximum of
24 or may be decreased anywhere down to a physical beauty of three.
Cost: 2,000 per point of physical beauty and 10,000 for major
- Other Surgeries: These surgeries can include many things. Fat may be
reduced, or added for those that are too skinny. Skin may be tightened
to show muscles or to alter figures, breasts may be enlarged or reduced
and is safer because vat grown breast tissues are used. As a most
extreme level, the surgery can even be to add tails, add bunny or cat
ears, or even modify face with a muzzle or bunny nose: Costs: range
depending on the amount of actually surgery, from a range of 1D4x1,000
for minor surgery, 4D6x1000 for moderate surgery, to 2D6x10,000 for
Biosystems.php -- Revised: January 27, 2021.